Out of the Box Design Solutions: Relevance of Design Awards
“Not everyone can win the Design Award, but everyone can get value from it.”
A Design Award’s core objective is to provide recognition for design ideas and/or research. However, they often play an important role in the success of the business and the adoption of ideas.
Design Awards are a prominent part of the design landscape. The established platform is an important vehicle for the promotion of design excellence and its dissemination to a wider audience. It offers opportunities for young designers that are not always available through other selection methods. Several significant designers and agencies have launched their careers because their designs were selected as the winning schemes.
In modern, digital era the more difficult it is for products to distinguish themselves from one another, the more important Design Awards become. The symbolic value relates to the perceived recognition awards can bring, both to potential clients and as a sign of excellence among peers.
In terms of the potential commercial and marketable benefits of winning awards:
- Awards may bring publicity and attract potential clients to award-winning designers and agencies
- Your inspiring designs could set trends and drive innovation
- The event connects you to other brilliant minds in the design industry
- When ‘top designs/designers’ are sought, the award gives you the advantage to stand out amongst your peers and competitors.
- Extensive coverage in the press, traditional & social media ensures that you are renowned worldwide
- Inspires others in the design community to push boundaries
Competitions typically provide a wide range of design solutions that would not be possible by pre-selecting one design or designer. They are a means of promoting design excellence and setting a benchmark for good design practices.
Aashish Solanki is a part of our Illustrious Jury Panel for NASSCOM Design4India Design Summit & Awards 2019 “Embed 3.0: Unleashing the Power of Design Disruption”. Join us as we explore bleeding-edge conversations around design and technology that are contributing to the next wave of innovations throughout the world.